Website The CE Group, Inc
Please note all applicants MUST be enrolled in a Texas College/University and live in San Antonio or surrounding area.
U.S. Travel Association’s IPW will continue to reunite and rebuild the global travel industry in 2023, providing an in-person platform to conduct business and renew our relationships around the world. As the leading inbound travel trade show, past IPWs have generated more than $5.5 billion in future travel by connecting U.S. travel exhibitors with travel buyers and media to promote their product and negotiate future business, securing America’s position as a foremost global travel destination and showcasing the best of what the U.S. has to offer.
Visit San Antonio, along with other numerous city partners, will be hosting IPW 2023 on May 20-24, 2023. Numerous events will take place over the course of 4 days to include:
- Press Brunch for 500 of the World’s most prestigious media outlets
- Opening Event for 6,000 of the event attendees
- Closing Event for 4,000+ of the event attendees
All of which will bring a spotlight to the city of San Antonio and all we have to offer.
We are looking for an energetic individual pursuing a degree in the tourism and hospitality industry (or similar degree) to commit to a semester or year-long role as our IPW Project Coordinator. The preference is that this is a year-long position. This is a highly visible role that will touch a variety of departments such as events, communication, production among others. You will also work closely with our Visit San Antonio and Travel Texas partners.
- Monetary stipend to be offered
- 15-20 hours per week
- College course credit
Departments: Events and Communication
Duration : November 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023
- Janet Holliday, President & CEO
- Viviana Durand, Overall IPW Project Manager
- Lesley Travis, Overall IPW Project Manager
Duties included, but not limited to:
- Attend meetings and site visits with project managers and take detailed notes
- Contact and coordinate vendors for events, including but not limited to entertainment, logistics vendors, and food & beverage vendors
- Continue to maintain CE Group’s relationships with vendors
- Maintain Microsoft documents (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) with detailed information including Site Maps, RSVP’s through phone line and email, Run of Show, Check Requests, Meeting Notes, etc.
- Support with media communications, research, calendar listings, social media posts, creative storyboards and marketing timelines as requested
- Assistance with media outreach and coordination as needed
- Track, clip, and record media coverage and calculate impressions
- Be onsite for the week of May 20-24, 2023 at various events, exact dates TBD.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong, personable customer service and communication skills, both oral and verbal
- Ability to multi-task; deliver results while balancing multiple projects at once
- Strong time management skills
- Must be able to work with a team and communicate well with each team member and function within an office environment
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com